Company: Allen & Bolack Excavating LTD.
Posted on: April 13, 2018
Class 1 Truck Driver
HOURS of WORK:
Allen & Bolack Excavating Ltd.
Based on Experience
Skills & abilities:
- Thorough and accurate in all tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent driving and maneuvering skills in all types of weather conditions
- Positive and professional demeanour
- Knowledge of established material handling procedures
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work
Experience & Education:
- Class 1 Drivers License
- 1.5 to 2 years experience required
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Loading, unloading of goods and ensuring loads are secured
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher;
- Oversee condition of vehicle; inspect tires, lights, brakes, refer and other equipment.
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
How to Apply:
Online: Apply Here
Mail or Drop Off:
1540 – 14th St. E.
Brandon, MB R7A 7V2
IMPORTANT NOTES RELATING TO YOUR APPLICATION:
1. Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter or email subject line.
2. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
3. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of licensure, including a clear driving abstract, upon hire, depending on the nature of the position.
Apply In Person: